Sunday, December 14, 2008

Palimpsest


Here is my first post as a 'blogger,' and I'm pretty excited. I've been bumming around North and East St. Louis lately, taking photos for the purpose of illustrating urban decay as it is unfolding. Here is one of the photos I've taken. I find this one interesting because of the emotions it evokes in the viewer, a sort of dark comedy. I also like the contrast between reds and the dark grey colors. I took this right before I encountered a few homeless, and had to dodge myself and my Nikon out of the area.

2 comments:

  1. Andrew, this is so awesome. "I took this right before I encountered a few homeless, and had to dodge myself and my Nikon out of the area" - I love that.
    Take me with you next time.
    Loveeeeeee you

    -Neda

    ps: You're the coolest kid i know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, be careful, I might take you up on that offer.

    Thanks Neda
    -Andrew

    ReplyDelete